Good morning, and happy first day of November!
Crazy, ain’t it?
For my October recap this month, I decided to change things up a bit and award some superlatives:
- Posts from my busiest “blog traffic” day (Oct 3): 80’s Themed Breakfast and Some reading materials
- Funniest Story: Getting yelled at on an airplane
- Most Embarrassing: Streaking through the locker room at the Y
- Most Inspirational: Loving Your Body
- Most Viewed Posts in October: My two giveaways: Corpbasics and Effie’s Homemade
- Must Try Meal: Grilled Sea Scallops with Green Onion Relish and Warm Bacon Vinaigrette, followed by the Apple Pork Chops as a runner-up!
- Most Delicious Dessert: Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Got to Have Side Dish: Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese, Sage, and Toasted Pecans
- Something to Relate To: Twenty Something
- Best Music: One of my October Playlists
- Favorite Workout: One of my Circuit Training Classes
- Favorite October Activity: Apple Picking!
- 100th Blog Post: How Do You Spell Mutton Chops
Feel free to add some of your own!
And this brings us to November. November is actually one of my least favorite months. I know there is Thanksgiving and all its awesomeness, but to me the month just seems really long. Also the weather definitely starts getting way colder and most of the beautiful fall foliage starts to disappear. And it gets overtaken with Christmas things everywhere, so I feel like it also gets a little overlooked.
So, in order to spice things up a little bit for this November, I am going to take part in Tina’s Be Thankful Challenge. Tina is the blogger behind Carrots N Cake, and in her post this morning she wrote:
“If you want to participate in my Be Thankful Challenge yourself, all you need to do is ask yourself the question, “What am I thankful for today?” and write it down (or blog about it) for each day of November. It doesn’t need to be life-changing or require a lot of thought. The idea is just to be thankful for something, even if that means being thankful for soft fleece blankets or dark chocolate being on sale at the grocery store.”
Great idea, Tina! I am definitely doing this. Here goes mine:
Today I am thankful for being able to sleep in both days this past weekend. That never happens.
A couple other things to mention this morning:
1. I am sore from a great spin class last night. Thanks Ed!
2. Last night I ate two dinners because I was so hungry after spin class. Yup! I had leftover pork chops (same apple pork chop recipe from my “Must Try Runner-Up” above) from Sunday night with salad, and an hour later made a grilled cheese on tomato. What of it?
3. The Oak Square Scare 5k and Health Fair was postponed this Sunday. Total bummer. Stay tuned for rescheduling announcements!
4. And lastly, HOW CUTE IS MY GODDAUGHTER?
Little Minnie Mouse:
Questions of the Day:
- What were your favorite posts of mine this month?
- Want to participate in the Be Thankful Challenge? What are you thankful for today!?
- What are you looking forward to in November?