Happy Thursday / Almost Friday.
Be Thankful Challenge Day 10: I am thankful for working in such close proximity to the Reebok Corporate Headquarters store! Last week Reebok was kind enough to invite all employees at my company to shop in their store with a 50% off discount if you came in during certain hours last Monday through Friday. Just for being neighbors!
You can only imagine how thrilling this was to me.
Seriously. It’s the little things. And when it’s little things involving fitness and new workout clothes, I’m sold.
Hence me spending one of my lunch breaks last week browsing through the clothes and trying on a million pairs of sneakers. Okay, maybe not a million, but I did make the person helping me go back and forth at least ten times so I could try different colors and sizes. Sorry, salespeople.
You are probably thinking to yourselves, “Athena, didn’t you just buy new workout sneakers?” and remembering my previous posts about them (here and here). Well, you’re right, I did. But with this amazing discount, the Reebok sneakers were down to $40 a pair! So I bought two pairs and am going to hang onto them until my Nike Frees get worn out. I usually try to replace my sneakers every three to four months since I wear them so often. I don’t like to wear a pair for too long since I’ve had foot injuries in the past and need sneakers with a lot of support and shock absorption features with all the high intensity interval training I do every week!
Try the shoe with the energy boost. The ZigFuse features the new ZigNano technology – a lightweight, low-profile sole that helps propel you forward for a more responsive ride.
- Textile/mesh upper ensures comfort, support and breathability
- ZigNano low-profile sole helps optimize energy return for a lightweight and responsive ride
- SmoothFit seamless design helps minimize rub and irritation; antimicrobial PU sockliner provides cushioning and moisture management
- Forefoot flex grooves for optimal flexibility through footstrike and push-off; carbon rubber heel strike for durability and traction
The SolarVibe training shoe – with VibeTech energy-efficient foam cushioning system – is designed to maximize your workout. Plus it has a SmoothFit seamless upper, 3D Ultralite cushioning and forefoot flex grooves for optimal pushoff. Perfect for running, training, group exercise and more.
- Synthetic/mesh upper for comfort, fit and breathability
- VibeTech foam cushioning system for optimal energy return; removable PU sockliner adds cushioning and accommodates orthotics
- 3D Ultralite provides super lightweight support and comfort, while encouraging natural footstrike and responsiveness; IMEVA midsole cushioning; SmoothFit seamless design minimizes rub and irritation
- Forefoot flex grooves for complete flexibility from heelstrike to pushoff; TPU stability support frame at rearfoot and midfoot; removable PU sockliner accommodates orthotics, adds comfort and cushioning; carbon rubber heel strike for durability and traction.
- 88% Polyester / 12% Elastane
- Tight Fit – athletic design contours to your body for maximum support; perfect for high-performance exercise
- Play Dry fabric wicks moisture, accelerates evaporation, increases ventilation
I love new workout stuff!!!
Question of the Day: What’s your favorite workout item or piece of clothing?! Do you stick with a certain brand?