There’s a fun little chain going around the blog world right now.
And I would like to thank Whitney of LiveRunLoveYoga for making Fitness & Feta a part of it! Whitney is a true Fitness & Feta fan and has nominated me for The Most Versatile Blogger Award. You guys might remember Whitney from when she wrote a guest post for F&F on how to make running fun in 2012. If you haven’t ventured over to LiveRunLoveYoga yet, definitely go check it out!
I love this Versatile Blogger Award thing because it’s a great way to give fellow bloggers some more exposure. Thank you so much, Whitney!
With this award comes four rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a post and link their blog!
- Share 7 things about yourself (maybe even something you haven’t shared before)
- Pass the award to 7 others
- Let those 7 bloggers know you nominated them
Well, I’ve already thanked Whitney but I suppose I should follow the rest of these rules, huh? So here goes.
7 Things About Myself
I’m going to try to make these non health and fitness related, since I write about that stuff all the time. These will be 7 random things!
- Bees scare me. I have never been stung in my life, and I’m petrified that I could be allergic. I’m that person that will jump up and run away shrieking from a bee.
- I broke my wrist in 5th grade. My friend was over and I tried to show off by standing on a Swiss ball. Apparently my 10-year-old abs weren’t developed enough yet to hold my balance, and I tipped backward. I ran inside screaming and crying, but my mom didn’t believe me that my wrist was actually broken. It was April Fool’s Day.
- In college, I streaked across the quad. There, I said it. At least I didn’t fall. Or get tackled. Or fall off a pogo stick.
- There aren’t many foods I don’t like. The only ones that come to mind are kalamata olives (yes, for the billionth time – the Greek girl doesn’t like olives!), anything too spicy, sausage, and licorice.
- In 2011, I visited the following places: Rhode Island, Oklahoma, Cape Cod, Colorado, Mexico, South Carolina, Maine, New York, Arkansas, Washington DC, and Tennessee. I’ll let you guys decide which of these places were for work and which were for fun.
- In college, I won the Student Leader of the Month Award my senior year. Sorry, not as scandalous as #3.
- I’ve never once dyed my hair or colored it. But maybe it’s time I do?
My Own Nominations for the Most Versatile Blogger Awards
A Twist and A Shake
Written by my roommate/bestie, this blog is definitely very versatile! Caitlin (Slesh) writes about food, drink, crafts, and all the random little thoughts that go through her mind each day (and trust me, they can be random!) She has recently started a new blog series called Around the World, where each month she focuses on recipes, drinks, and fun facts pertaining to a certain country. This month is Poland! She’s also given our other friend Julie (aka The Wandering Lush) a page on the blog to review different bars around Boston. Go check it out!
This is one of my must read blogs every day. Anne is currently pursuing a Masters of Public Health in Nutrition and always posts the best recipes! I’ve tried a few of Anne’s recipes on my own now and none of them have let me down. She often includes workout related posts as well, so I obviously love seeing those in the mix. I like to live vicariously through her running posts, because my past foot injuries don’t let me run anymore and she always looks like she has so much fun during her running workouts. Plus her photography is awesome.
The Truth About Vinyl and Bikini Tops
I stumbled upon this blog when Rachel was a member at the Y coming to my classes every week! I like that it actually is NOT meant to be a healthy living blog. While there is a page dedicated to all things healthy, it really sheds light on a variety of topics. Whether it be what she was up to that weekend, musings about random topics such as couponing, or a fun recipe, I always enjoy reading Rachel’s posts!
There are so many different kinds of recipes in here! I love reading what a fellow Bostonian has to offer in terms of not only baking, but other kinds of food as well. This deserves a Versatile Blogger Award for the variety of food included in the blog. Some is healthy, some isn’t, but it always all looks so delicious!
How Sweet It Is
Um, holy hundreds of desserts. Don’t read this blog if you don’t want to end up craving something sweet at ten in the morning. Just kidding. Definitely go read this blog because it is so worth it! If you need an idea for a dessert, this is THE place to go. Jessica’s blog organizes her kitchen collection into easy to find recipe categories. Her writing makes me laugh, readers can totally relate to the quirky things she says, and if I could bake a cookie that looks as half as delicious as they do in her pictures, I would consider myself lucky!
Dresses and Desserts
One of my dearest long time home friends, Shannon, started this blog not too long ago. She is the craftiest person I know. Dresses & Desserts focuses on her sewing projects, crafts, baking, and more. If you are looking for a great “do it yourself” blog, this is the place to go. Shannon is so talented and her skills never cease to amaze me!
This is another blog on my must read every day list. Gina does such an amazing job of incorporating posts about all aspects of life. Whether focusing on food, workouts, or friends and family, her posts always grab my attention. And they keep my attention through their entirety, which I think can be hard to do! Maybe I’m bias because Gina is also a fellow fitness instructor, but I love looking through her blog for workout ideas and music suggestions. Highly recommend this one too!
What do you guys think? What are some of your favorite blogs? Who do you think has the most versatile blog out there? Would love some suggestions for new reading material if you want to leave them in the comments of this post!
I’m off to see a dance show in Harvard Square tonight! Should be fun!