Hope everyone’s enjoying their weekend!
Here’s a new dessert recipe for you, and it’s a healthy one. This was Jessica’s contribution to Jen’s good-bye party potluck!
Filling Fruit Crisp
Recipe serves 4, inspired by Self.com
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup trans-fat-free margarine, chilled
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place mango, raspberries; lemon juice; and 1 tablespoon flour in a bowl.
- Stir well; place in an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Pulse oats in a food processor until a fine flour forms.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Add margarine and 2 teaspoons ice water; pulse until crumbs form, 7 or 8 times.
- Top fruit with mixture; bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Question of the Day – What’s your favorite way to make dessert with fruit?!
Thanks Jessica for the recipe!