My roommate Slesh made me dinner last week! Nothing like a roomie that offers to make you dinner when you are stressed and exhausted!
It’s like we had our own little pizza party.
Fig and Gorgonzola Pizza
Or “za,” as we like to call it.
Here’s her recipe:
- Pizza dough (Whole wheat to be healthier!)
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce
- Fig (5 spoonfuls worked fine)
- Meat & veggies of your choice — this can really be anything! Slesh had leftover turkey tips from another meal that week, and red peppers, so she used those.
- Mixed spring greens or arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out your favorite dough really thin.
- Put the dough on an oiled pizza pan.
- Make your crust by folding and pinching the sides, and lightly oil that so it doesn’t burn.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Take spoonfuls of fig spread and spread out around pizza.
- Sprinkle on meat and veggies.
- Sprinkle on Gorgonzola cheese.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes or until crust is done.
- Sprinkle on greens and cook another minute.
I like Step 11. 🙂
We enjoyed with more greens and light Italian dressing on the side.
If you guys want more recipes, drinks, and fun from Slesh, go click over to her blog at A Twist & A Shake and check it out! It will not disappoint.
When was the last time someone made you dinner!? What was it?
Thanks again, Slesh! 🙂