No, I’m not confused on what day it is. Here’s a little wrap up of my Hump Day yesterday!
First of all, I worked from home. I knew it would be a good day when I found out that both Triners and Slesh were both going to be telecommuting as well.
For breakfast, Trina & I made protein pancakes. I whipped up a delish new banana recipe, inspired by Peanut Butter Fingers.
Banana Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 a banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (you could also use yogurt if you’re the kind of person that gets grossed out by cottage cheese, even though I promise you can’t taste it! Trina used Chobani apple cinnamon for her batch and said the apple flavor was so good).
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Spray pan with cooking spray, heat to medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Pour batter onto the pan to form pancakes, allow to cook until pancakes turn golden brown, about three minutes.
- Flip pancakes and allow to cook until batter is no longer runny, about two more minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
I topped with banana slices, pumpkin pie spice, and a dab of light syrup.
They tasted extra good with a medium iced hazelnut coffee with skim milk and one splenda from Dunks!
After a morning of work related things, my parents stopped by to say hello since they were in town for an appointment. It was nice out so my mom and I walked to Brighton Center, and she treated me to a lunch at Cafenation. My dad had to get back to work, so he couldn’t join us.
I ordered the Californian panini:
Turkey, brie cheese, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, and red onions with homemade avocado sauce — on multigrain, with a side of greens topped with homemade balsamic dressing. Perfect lunch (I forgot how much I love brie!) and nice to catch up with Georgia.
<Insert more work related and around the apartment related things here>
For dinner (and lunch and probably dinner again today), I whipped up some of this:
A concoction of whole wheat elbows, butternut squash, spinach, raisins, and feta cheese. I’ll probably post the recipe later today.
Finally, last night’s workout was a fun double sesh over at CBC! Ashley and Liz both did a fantabulous job subbing for Erin and Andy.
Nice job, ladies! I sweat so much that I didn’t even feel guilty munching on a couple of Stacy’s Garden Veggie Chips when I got home.
How was your Humpity Hump Day? Anything fun happen?
Time to tackle today’s to do’s – there’s a lot of them!
Yes – I had fun at CafeNation as well!
Pingback: Weekly Workouts | Fitness & Feta
Pingback: Ten Question Friday | Fitness & Feta
Pingback: Morning Cravings | Fitness & Feta
Pingback: My Favorite Healthy Breakfast Items | Fitness & Feta
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Pancakes | Fitness & Feta