It’s almost Friday! We’re almost there, but while we’re waiting… let’s laugh a little!!
Thanks for sharing, Jen! I still giggle at this one every time.
Thanks again, Jen!
Which was your favorite!?
New recipe post for y’all, as promised yesterday!
Dry Rub Steak with Avocado Salsa
Recipe inspired by Everyday Paleo, adapted by Tim!
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 2/3 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sirloin steaks
- Add the tomato, avocado, and red onion to a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, parsley, onion powder, and garlic salt in a bowl.
- Brush steaks with extra virgin olive oil.
- Take the dry rub mixture and rub it into the steak equally on both sides.
- Grill the steak about 5 minutes per side or until your desired cooked level.
- Set steak aside for 10 minutes, then slice and top with the avocado salsa.
These steaks had a TON of flavor! I’m not a huge steak person, so I really only have it whenever Tim decides he’s in the mood for it. The last few times he’s made it we’ve had it plain with no marinade or anything, and the dry rub really makes a difference with the taste. The good part about a dry rub versus a marinade is that a dry rub is a much faster option, for those of us who don’t have time or didn’t think to marinate the meat from the night before or earlier in the day.
Yum! Plus the avocado salsa made for a yummy topping. On the side? Sweet potato wedges. This was definitely a fun meal to come home to after a tough workout!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy steak? Do you prefer a dry rub or marinade?
I just got home from teaching my amazing 6am crowd (I’ll be posting today’s workout soon!), so I’m off to shower away my workout. Then I’m heading into the office, and tonight I have a mandatory health and wellness training at the Y so I won’t be home til after 9 tonight.
Have a great day, all!