On Sunday night as I was busting through a bunch of Y related emails, I had the sudden urge to bake something.
As usual, I had bananas going bad (anyone else excited for cooler weather because it means your bananas won’t go bad as fast?) and wanted to whip something up that would be easy, healthy-ish, and tasty to have on hand for the week.
I googled “peanut butter + banana + healthy recipe” and found this recipe on a blog that I’ve actually never read before: Gingerbread Bagels. First of all, awesome name for a blog. Second of all, awesome recipe. Thank you!
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares
- 1.5 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.
- Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares, then.. EAT!
Now, on Monday morning I left a note for Tim saying “please take some bars with you!”
On Monday night, I came home to this:
Apparently Tim and I have different definitions of the word “some.”
Proof of a successful baking sesh, I suppose!
How many bars would you have taken if you were told to take “some?”