After I posted a picture of my Saturday morning breakfast on Instagram, Twitter, and in this morning’s picture post, a bunch of you messaged me for the pancake recipe I used to make the extra chocolatey strawberry pancakes I treated Tim and I to while we were snowed in this weekend.
They were definitely a sweet morning treat, so of course I’ll share with you guys!
Extra Chocolatey Strawberry Pancakes
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 cups milk of choice – I normally would use almond milk, but we didn’t have any in the apartment so I used Tim’s 1%
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- Dark chocolate chips — amount of choice + the extra
- Diced strawberries — amount of choice
Mix it all together in a large mixing bowl, then do that flipping thing! Pour about a fifth of the batter on a sprayed griddle or pan over medium heat. Once the batter starts bubbling or you can see the underside start to brown, flip away. Continue to flip back and forth until cooked all the way through. The recipe makes 5 big ole cakes!
YUM. Too bad today I was back to my go to weekday at work breakfast of cottage cheese with blueberries, slivered almonds, and cinnamon. I love my “usual” breakfast, but after these pancakes — wah wuh.
Last Week’s Workouts
Last week started Phase 3 (week 5) of Best Body Bootcamp, I was able to stick with some of the plan but not all because of the storm.
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 40 minute treadmill workout + ab work
- Tuesday: Two A Day – took Liz’s Kickboxing class, then taught the high intensity interval circuit in my Interval Training class
- Wednesday: Off
- Thursday: Taught pyramid sets in my Sculpt class
- Friday: 40 minute elliptical workout + ab work
- Saturday: About 2 hours of shoveling (burns so many cals you know!) + this deck of cards workout + some extra ab work
This Week’s Workouts
This week I’ll continue with the format of BBB workouts; however I will probably change some of the exercises slightly for the strength work to keep classes more interesting for members.
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 30 minutes of cardio on the spin bike + 60 seconds of burpees + core tabata + ab ladder
- Tuesday: Liz’s Kickboxing class + teaching another high intensity circuit in Interval training
- Wednesday: Off or active rest
- Thursday: Pyramid strength work focusing on chest, arms, and back
- Friday: TBD — possibly legs/shoulders
- Saturday: TBD — either an hour of cycle during the Spin A Thon if there are bikes left, or legs/shoulders if I didn’t do them on Friday
What’s the yummiest thing you ate over the weekend? Favorite kind of pancake? Workout agenda for the week?
Oh, oh! This week is Valentine’s Week which means my Valentine’s workout playlist will be making an appearance in classes this week! Whether you love or hate the day, there’s a song on there for everyone. 😉