Anyone else sad this weekend is over? For me, it was one of those weekends that was a perfect mix of friends (celebrated Trina’s birthday on Friday night), family (uncs came over for dinner on Saturday), and fitness (Wellness by the Water retreat on Sunday).
It was also one of those weekends that didn’t seem too busy. I got to sleep in on Saturday, lounge around the apartment, catch up on blog reading, and just do my thing. Sunday’s wellness retreat was so fun, and I can’t wait to recap my experience for you guys.
But as you know, I like to start the week off with a fitness plan.
Last Week’s Workouts
Active rest: Walked around Castle Island for Mother’s Day
Hit up the Waltham Y for 30 minutes of elliptical intervals + 15 minutes of core work + stretching.
1 hour of Kickboxing, then taught my class. We focused on pyramid work for legs and shoulders. The workout included 15 reps of each exercise in the circuit with lighter weights, then 12 reps of each exercise with medium weights, then 8 reps of each with heavy weights. In between each set of six moves, we did some cardio! We finished with abs, biceps, and triceps.
Worked out in the gym at work. I was planning for this to be an off day, but I always pack my gym stuff just in case, and after the day I had, I needed to sweat. Don’t forget working out is a mental thing too. I did 30 minutes of elliptical intervals + 15 minutes of core work + stretching.
Taught the same pyramid format as I did on Tuesday, only this time focused on upper body (arms, chest, back). In between each set was cardio and plyo leg work. We finished with abs!
Guess my workouts were kind of boring this week because I did another 30 minutes of elliptical work + 15 minutes of a hamstring, glute, abs, and lower back circuit (x2).
Complete rest day!
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Wellness by the Water Retreat
- Monday: Cardio and core work
- Tuesday: Teaching bootcamp at 6:15 (sorry, Liz!) and my interval class at 7:30
- Wednesday: Cardio and core work, or active rest
- Thursday: Teaching my interval class in the morning
- Friday: Took the day off from work to kick off Memorial Day Weekend. Hoping to make this an active rest day and get some kayaking in if the weather is nice!
- Saturday: Morning workout TBD, maybe Studio Empower class, maybe kickboxing with Monique, but I’m not sure.
Tell me about your weekend – was it relaxing, busy, or a nice mix of both? Best workout last week? Looking forward to any fitness things this week? Anyone have any requests for class formats this week?
Hope your week is off to a great start!