There is always something to be thankful for.
Now that we’re into the month of November, I’ve seen a few “Be Thankful” challenges pop up in the blog world and on social media where people share at least one thing a day that they are thankful for throughout the entire month of November. I think that too often we focus on the things that we don’t have and lose sight of what we actually do. These types of challenges are a nice way to remember the little things and show appreciation, don’t you think?
This week I’m going to start my week by listing five things I am thankful for this week.
1. I am thankful for having the day off today, but more importantly, I am thankful for all the veterans who have served our country. I also want to take a second to remember our family friend, Chris Crosby, who was killed during the time he served.
2. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to plan and organize a health fair for my entire company. I can’t believe it’s actually happening this Thursday. Work friends, please stop by to support us! We have lots of fun things planned like nutrition trivia, fitness demonstrations, and a plank contest. We also have 30+ vendors that will be present to talk to staff, raffle off prizes, do health screenings, and more.
3. I am thankful for Boston Mania coming up next weekend. I am lucky to be able to participate in an event that is so perfectly tailored to my passions.
4. I am thankful that Tim will actually be home this week and not traveling for work again!
5. And finally, I am thankful for my friend Jen who just “gets me,” even millions of miles away. Last week we emailed a lot, and it made me feel a lot better about some things going on!
How’s that for Monday Motivation? Maybe we shouldn’t just focus on what we’re thankful for during November and around Thanksgiving. Maybe we should be more mindful of the things we have all year long.
Are you participating in any “Be Thankful” challenges this month? What are five things you are thankful for this week?
If you are looking for a good one, I really like the 28 Day Count Your Blessings one featured on Olive to Run. Check it out!