Good morning! I’m jumping right into my Weekly Workouts recap today. Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to have a kick ass week, even if it’s rainy/snowy/bleh where you live too.
Last Week’s Workouts
I made it to the gym for a 6am workout. I’m always proud of myself when I get there that early on a Monday, but it definitely doesn’t happen every week. Here’s what I did to start my day:
- Five minute walking treadmill warmup
- Mile run on the treadmill (ran it in 7:23!)
- Six move lower body stability ball strength circuit –> 3 rounds with a 250 meter row in between each. Round 1 was 20 reps/10 pulses, round 2 was 15 reps/15 pulses, and round 3 was 10 reps/20 pulses.
- A few stability ball ab moves and a stretch to finish it off
I took Liz’s Kickboxing class and then taught my Interval class with tons of upper body on the stability ball. I did another six move circuit for 3 rounds like I did on Monday, but I used a slightly different format. Round 1 was for 15 reps, round 2 for 12, and round 3 for 10 with half pulses until fatigue. We did cardio Tabata between sets, abs after the fatigues, and we finished with those crazy high glute lifts that I’ve been loving lately. This workout left my upper body sore until Friday.
I had full intentions on making it to the gym for a cardio day, but I didn’t get a good night’s sleep on Tuesday, and my body just felt too run down. I needed a night for me that didn’t include the gym, and I’m happy I listened to my body and took an extra rest day.
I taught my morning class with the following format: Warmup > 10 lower body exercises for 60 seconds each > 4 minute cardio tabata > 10 lower body exercises for 60 seconds each > 3 different upper body and cardio supersets done 3 times each > stretch.
I squeezed in a morning workout before work and heading to NYC. I did a 25 minute incline treadmill workout, followed by two rounds of core tabata, and then foam rolling and stretching as part of Jingle Well Time.
Rest day (NYC)
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off (NYC)
- Monday: I definitely didn’t make it for a 6am time this morning, but I plan on doing a treadmill workout followed by some strength after work today.
- Tuesday: Kickboxing, then teaching my class. I’m thinking mini circuits for tomorrow unless anyone else has any other requests for me!
- Wednesday: Hoping to get a cardio day in
- Thursday: Teaching my class at 6am.
- Friday: If I get to the gym on Wednesday, then I’m taking Friday off. If not, I’ll be there on Friday!
- Saturday: Monique‘s Kickboxing class before Christmas festivities all day
How are you guys doing with your workouts during December? Finding the time? Struggling during the busy season? Feel free to share any tips you may have for staying active through the holidays in the comments!