Before I get into my favorites from the week, I have some fun blog news to share with you guys. If you follow my F&F Facebook page or are on my newsletter mailing list, then you may have already seen this announcement, but Fitness & Feta was voted as the 2013 Blog of the Year and Recipe Guru on Around the Plate!
Every year Around the Plate hosts “thePlate Blog Awards” for their community of bloggers, and I am so honored that you guys voted for me. Seriously, so cool. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Ok, now I can share my favorite finds with you.
Here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
- Need a circuit workout? Browse through a roundup of 50 circuit workouts that Lindsay shared on her blog.
- Need a bootcamp workout? Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers shared a collection of some of her bootcamp faves.
- It’s obviously a crazy busy season, but Tina has some great advice (as always) on how to stick with your workouts through the holidays.
- Do you take enough time to warm up before a workout and/or cool down after one? Click here for 10 rules of a great warmup and cooldown.
- Tons of these out there at this time of year, but here’s a great holiday gift guide for fitness buffs
- Here’s another spin on spaghetti squash. I just posted my recipe for spaghetti squash casserole this week, so this recipe from Emily might need to be the next spaghetti squash meal that I make.
- The minute I saw this, I wanted to drink it. So I did. Last night.
- This isn’t a recipe, but a link to ten ways to quit your worst eating habits. Do you do any of these? I can honestly say that in the past few years I have nixed a lot of these! I still struggle with #9 though, especially on social weekends.
- I love these festive appetizers! Cranberry cheddar salmon sliders, cucumber canapes with whipped feta, and baked brie with blackberry compote.
- Kelly posted a recipe for koulourakia on her blog this week. I was stoked to see a traditional Greek cookie recipe featured in the blogosphere!
- 13 ways for the chronically connected to disconnect <—I need this.
- Is your inbox too cluttered? Try using this to save time with all your emails!
- Bloggers, do you do any of these? 100 tips bloggers use to make life easier
- This is a helpful post for those of you looking to delve into the sponsored blog world and unsure of what to charge.
And here’s what some of you have sent in:
- Patrice shared these 10 stats about Twitter to help you reach more followers. Helpful!
- Jen R shared a link to this Gaiam Balance Ball Chair. I have one of these (a little different, but same concept) at home. I use it for blogging and working from home, and it definitely helps my posture!
- Liz shared this article about exercise as preventive medicine for dementia as people age.
- Shannon sent my group at work an article in Greatist about the unfortunate side effects of exercise. I found myself nodding to each one. For my fellow exercise freaks, a must read.
Reading anything good this week? If so, email your finds to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to share with my readers too!
On tap for my weekend:
- Christmas shopping (I’m so behind)
- Prepping a festive appetizer and dessert for Saturday
- First family Christmas party of the season at my uncle’s house
- CPR re-certification class