Last week’s workouts started and ended strong, but were frustrating in the middle because of my ankle acting up.
20 minutes elliptical + upper body pyramid sets + medicine ball ab circuit
Ed’s endurance themed spin class
Two A Day failure. I tried Kickboxing but modified the jumping. Then in my class I kind of half taught/half did the Tabata stations from this workout with the group. My ankle hurt the next day, so I know I jumped back into things too soon. I loved the workout I taught though, and we finished with fun team abs exercises.
Taught my class in the morning — did all the strength components along with them, but modified the 5 minute cardio bursts in between our upper and lower body sets.
This leg workout, but with the isometric holds after the main strength exercises for extra burn. I finished this off with some rowing: 800 meters > 10 wall balls > 600 meters > 20 wall balls > 400 meters > 30 wall balls > 200 meters > faceplant. I was dead by the end.
My workout plan for this week:
- Sunday: Low impact cardio + upper body strength
- Monday: I’m going to try for spin class
- Tuesday: Own strength workout before teaching my 7:30 class (sorry Liz)
- Wednesday: Off, even though I really want to try a new boxing class with my gym friends! Another time. 😦
- Thursday: Teaching my class in the morning, format TBD. Depending on whether I join in, I may go back at night for my own.
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: MMA Fighter Fit certification all day
Feel free to log your workouts from last week or fitness plans in the comments!