Time for another round of Friday Favorites!
One thing I’ve thought about all week is this article that Closer posted with the intention of being “inspiring.” I don’t really think it’s inspiring at all. I think it’s body shaming masked as inspiration. Just ask Patrice, I was all fired up about this first thing on Monday morning at work. GAH. All I know is that I love the response written here.
Here are the rest of my favorite reads:
- Total awesomeness: What if everyone ran?
- For the CrossFit fans: 15 CrossFit blogs you should read
- Confused by anything in the weight room? Fitness 101 – a guide to the weighlifting room
- Looks good for days I’m not feeling a long time on any one machine: Triple threat cardio workout
- Good moves: Ass-kicking with nothing but a kettlebell
- Boston friends, looking for a FREE workout this weekend? Ultimate Bootcamp is hosting a public bootcamp class in Watertown
- Awesome perspective: Talk a walk, sure, but don’t call it a break
- On building a culture of wellness: Millenials want healthier workplaces
Foodie & Recipes
- Enjoying this “guide to spring vegetables” series: Artichokes
- Helpful: Tips for the perfect hard boiled egg
- This looks delicious: Healthy shamrock shake
- New salad to try: Greek style lentil salad
- Yum: Chicken spinach bake
- Adding to my to bake list: Strawberry lemon oat bread
- Gluten free and dairy free: No bake chocolate coconut pecan oatmeal bars
- Holy moly: Heavenly carrot cake baked oatmeal
- Fun little blog plugin: Click to tweet
- For the newbies: Everything you wish you had known about blogging from the beginning
- Helpful: 16 blogging resources to improve your blog
- Don’t apologize: Unapologetic blogging – I’m not sorry for my content
- I learned a thing or two from this: Common sidebar mistakes
- Are you giving up something for Lent this year? How about adding something instead? For the next 40 days
- Read please: What’s your passion?
- There’s definitely a difference: What you LOVE versus what you love to DO
- LOVE: Gracefully fat – why I practice yoga
- Have you told any of these? 19 lies parents tell their kids
- Hilarious video: When out of shape people go to the gym
Readers, leave some link love in the comments.