Good morning! My friend Cate recently requested that I share this recipe on the blog, so today I’m sending these almond flour berry muffins your way. I got this recipe at my friend Dawn’s healthy eating party and recipe swap at the beginning of the year, and they quickly became a fun baking favorite!
Almond Flour Berry Muffins
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- Splash of chia seeds and dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients (berries too) in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
I like these muffins for the blueberry and chocolate flavor combo. Also, the chia seeds add that extra nutritional punch for the perfect grab and go snack, breakfast, or pre-workout fuel. An added bonus is that they are gluten free! For anyone who came to Slesh’s bachelorette party, these are the same muffins I made for our limo ride to Long Island in the morning.
Let me know if you try these. Enjoy!
Do you have any go to baking recipes? What are your favorite flavor combinations?
Typically I am a sucker for anything that has peanut butter and chocolate together!