Um, how is Christmas only a week away? December is seriously flying by. Luckily, most of my Christmas shopping is done, and I’m really looking forward to this weekend and the beginning of next week to do some fun holiday related activities instead of rushing around with last-minute errands. I know many of you probably still have shopping left though, so I put together a holiday gift guide today to help you! There are SO many posts like these floating around the blog world, and I always love reading about what other bloggers are recommending. I did try to differentiate mine a bit though. Since I love themes more than anything, that’s what you’re getting!
Here are some themed gift ideas for any fitness fanatics in your life! Each category has at least seven suggestions to choose from. Happy last minute shopping, friends!
For the yogis:
- Gift card to a local yoga studio
- Yoga mat. I just love my Gaiam one so much.
- Yoga accessories such as a mat bag, no slip yoga towel, block, or strap.
- No slip yoga toe socks
- Manduka renew mat cleaner
- Just for fun: Yummy yogi cookie cutters
- A namaste necklace
For the weight lifters:
- Lifting gloves. I have these Harbinger ones, and I bought them at Olympia Sports.
- Protein powder for post lift recovery. I recommend Vega or Whey Isolate.
- New Balance Fresh Foam 822 trainers
- A kettlebell. I’ve had my eye on one of these bad boys for a long time.
- The Modern Woman’s Guide to Strength Training <—do it.
- A fun shirt with a strength mantra on it. I love my Lift Like a Girl shirt, and Inner Strength Apparel has a ton of cute ones! I love the one that says “I’d rather be lifting.” I also NEED this tank top. Need.
- Pull up bar. We got the Iron Gym for our apartment, and it’s awesome.
For the runners:
- Race entry fee. Sign up for a race together!
- Running jacket. For the early morning or late night runners, check out the NB Glow Beacon style. It’s reflective so you can run safely in the dark!
- A new pair of running sneakers. I highly recommend the New Balance Fresh Foam 980. It’s my favorite running shoe, and you can read my review of it here. New Balance also has a limited edition glow version of this sneaker that has the same glow technology as the jacket.
- Outdoor ear band. I love the Eddie Bauer stretch ear band.
- Subscription to Runner’s World magazine
- A running armband for your media player. This post outlines some good recommendations.
- Just because these are adorable: Set of 2 running glasses
For the fitness instructors:
- iTunes gift card
- A cute notebook or journal (for writing down class plans 5 minutes before class!)
- Fun printed leggings. I am obsessed with every single pair of leggings that Athleta has, and I don’t think there’s such thing as owning too many pairs, amiright?
- A workout headband. I don’t discriminate when it comes to headbands (as long as they stay put), but these Sparkly Soul ones are always just so darn fun.
- For your early morning instructors, a gift card to their favorite coffee shop. *hint hint*
- Extra batteries in case the gym mic is dead!
- Reebok Cardio Ultra studio sneakers. Check out my review of these here.
For the gym rats #1: Locker room/gym bag essentials
- Travel size toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and deodorant
- Dry shampoo: I like Klorane’s dry shampoo with oat milk
- Shower flip-flops
- Socks and/or sports bra – there is nothing worse than forgetting these before your workout! For sports bras, I really like Target C9 and Old Navy Active brands.
- Hair elastics
- Action wipes
- You could even stash all the gifts in a shower caddy or a new Athleta gym bag.
For the gym rats #2: Rest and recovery day essentials
- Foam roller. I have both the GoFit Pro foam roller and the SMRT Core Grid. I also swear by The Stick hybrid, which isn’t a traditional foam roller, but works wonders on my muscles.
- Gift certificate to get a sports massage
- Epsoak epsom salts and lavender chamomile bubble bath
- This bamboo and chrome bathtub caddy. It has a built-in wine holder!
- Cozy socks
- Variety pack of tea. Check out some of the cool collections from David’s Tea for ideas!
- A calming candle
For the fit family:
- A kid’s shirt from the Words to Sweat By Use Your Words collection
- Passes to an indoor trampoline park such as Sky Zone
- A Redmon kids treadmill
- Family fitness books. My friend recommends My Daddy is a Pretzel!
- Jogging stroller
- A community supported agriculture program membership. Local friends, I cannot rave enough about Heaven’s Harvest Farm!
- Active video games
For anyone who wants to be fit at work:
- Healthy snacks to stash in your desk drawer: Aside from hand fruit, some of my favorite snacks include Larabars, Wonderful pistachios, Cedar’s products, Biena roasted chickpea snacks, Justin’s nut butters, and Health Warrior chia bars
- A stability ball for an alternative chair
- Standing desk. I have this one!
- A flavor infuser water bottle for staying hydrated during the day
- Stress ball
- A Fitbit or other activity tracker to help you move more throughout the day. You can read my review of the Fitbit Charge here!
- Exercise A Day 2015 desk calendar
Do you have any fitness fanatics in your life? Do you give them healthy living related presents during the holidays? Do you have any items you’d add to any of these themes or themes I didn’t think of? What’s on your wish list this year?
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I was not paid to write about any of these products, nor are any of the links within this holiday gift guide affiliate links. I just wanted to share some of my favorite things, brands, and creative ideas with you. Some images were taken from the brand websites. All opinions are my own.