Hello! I have a new recipe to share with you guys today.
Sweet Potato Quinoa with Thai Chili Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch discs
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 ears of corn
- Half a red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thai chili paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, and turn the grill on to medium heat.
- Add the quinoa to 2 cups of water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or until done.
- In bowl, toss the cut up sweet potatoes in the tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and then spread on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Cook for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, grill the ears of corn until fork tender, turning the corn to char on each side. In total, this should take around 8 minutes. You can cook the corn however you want (stove top or in the oven), but we chose to grill.
- In a small bowl, mix all the salad dressing ingredients together. You could also do this step in a mason jar and shake well.
- Once the quinoa, sweet potatoes, and corn are all done, combine in a large bowl with the pepper, red onion, and parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the dressing, and enjoy!
For a cold salad, the warmth of the thai chili paste in this meal comes through pretty prominently without being too spicy. This is definitely a fresh salad thanks to the parsley and pepper, but you still get a nice hearty feel through the sweet potatoes as well.
It’s perfect for a packed lunch during the rainy week we’re having here in Boston. Plus, FIVE of these ingredients are from our CSA. Go us!
Do you ever cook with thai chili paste? What have you been eating for lunch this week? Is it raining where you are?
P.S. Wondering how to have a healthier Halloween? Head on over to the Fitfluential site to read some tips written by yours truly. It’s a fun one. 🙂