Anyone looking to get their sweat on today?
Well, here’s a little total body circuit for you.
This one is designed to really get your heart rate up, as it has several plyometric exercises in it. I included a range of rep and time prescriptions so you can choose what best works for your fitness level. I did this one yesterday and left the gym a sweaty beast.
Here are links to the exercises if you need them:
What’s the last workout you did that left you a sweaty mess?
Last night as I was folding the laundry, I realized that as I was folding shirt after sports bra after towel, I was also tossing each and every sock onto the couch. For Tim to fold, obviously.
I seriously hate folding socks.
This lead to some laughs and a discussion about things that we just hate doing. And by hate doing I think we really were talking about the things we realized the other hates to do after moving in together. I say this because I was really good at pointing out the things that Tim “hates” to do, and Tim was really good at pointing out mine.
At least we can laugh about it, right? I’m sure these lists could go on, but we narrowed it down to a few obvious ones each:
Things I Hate Doing
- Folding socks
- Cleaning the lint/dirt off the bottom of the broom for the next use
- Giving somebody else control of the computer when working on something together
- Closing the lazy susan after spinning it to find a Tupperware container
- Getting my own glass of water before bed (I always forget and then
whine kindly ask Tim to get me one)
Things Tim Hates Doing
- Opening mail until it can’t possibly stack up any higher
- Putting his sandals away from being [half] under the coffee table
- Moving our coffee table centerpiece BACK to the center of the coffee table after moving it to the corner for whatever reason. (Fun fact – I have actually started calling our centerpiece a corner piece. Because it’s a corner piece more often than a centerpiece. This is mind-boggling to me).
- Giving somebody else control of the television remote
- Throwing away paper — receipts we don’t need, straw wrappers, you name it
I guess as long as I hold the computer and Tim holds the remote, all is well.
Yesterday I actually made it to the gym for 6am. For a Monday morning, I consider that impressive. I really enjoyed the workout format I used last Monday where I did 3 rounds of a 10 move circuit with 10 minutes of steady cardio before each round, so I opted to use the same “template” and just switch things up a bit. I did all rounds of steady cardio on the spin bike, but here’s how my circuit looked:
I also rocked some new sneaks (Nike Pegasus). They’re teal. Enough said.
I need to get to the gym at 6am on Mondays more often for the following reasons:
- It was nice to start the week with some “me” time, just zoning out while working out.
- I had so much energy and was so productive all day long. It was kind of awesome to feel this week, especially at the start of the week! Usually on Mondays I feel so lethargic all day long.
- I felt like I had so much free time last night. To do things like make lists of things I don’t like to do instead of make lists about things I have to do. 😉
What is something you learned about someone after moving in with them? Doesn’t necessarily have to be someone you are dating!
My favorite “after move in” discovery story is still my friend whose boyfriend stuck the produce plu code stickers all over their kitchen counters and shirt size stickers all over their dressers. Too funny!
Good morning, friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We’re at the start of another week, so let’s talk fitness!
Like my new Weekly Workouts design? I needed something to beef up this Monday blog series of mine. Let me tell you, it was really hard to choose which pictures to use – I have so many!
Last Week’s Workouts
Monday: Subbed for Kim’s interval class
Tuesday: 25 minutes of spin intervals + taught my class
Thursday: Taught my Thursday morning class
Friday: At home workout! 15 minutes of Kickboxing + deck of cards workout. The deck of cards workout was sweaty – I added my gliding discs and bender ball to some of my usual moves to change things up a bit. The pikes to pushup combo was TOUGH.
Saturday: 2 mile run outside with Tim + core pyramid work
This Week’s Workout Plan
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: Cardio + Abs
- Tuesday: Two A Day! Liz’s kickboxing + teaching my class
- Wednesday: Off or TBD
- Thursday: Teaching my class
- Friday: Zumba Party!
- Saturday: Saturday morning workout, TBD
If you are wondering what this Zumba party is all about, we’re having another fundraiser at the Y this week. It’s going to be a ton of fun, if you don’t have anything going on this Friday night from 6:30-8:30 come join us – it’s 80’s and glow in the dark themed!
How did your workouts go last week? What’s on this week’s agenda?
If anyone has any requests for class format or songs this week, let me know!