Happy Friday, friends!
Before I share my favorite web finds lately, I wanted to share with you the video footage from the health and wellness fair that my wellness team at work hosted last month. It really captures the success of our day, and it’s fun to watch. Check it out here. I’m planning to post some pictures of the day soon, so stay tuned.
Here’s what I’ve been reading over the past two weeks:
- What do you think about this new Tabata strength circuit? Or this new barre burner? Or this Frost HIIT workout? There have been lots of good fitness finds from Gina lately!
- There is just so much truth to this. —> Why you can’t see my abs.
- I love this creative way to talk about some fitness necessities. Read about the six F words needed for a transformational workout.
- Love your kettlebell? Try this 30 minute kettlebell workout from Nicole. Nicole’s blog, Pumps & Iron, is one of my latest favorite blog finds!
- I can’t wait to see all the holiday inspired workouts popping up in the blog world. This week I stumbled upon this Countdown to the Holidays workout. It’s pretty similar to my 12 days of fitness workout from last year.
- Oh you know, here’s just another way to eat Brussels sprouts.
- I’m on a HUGE pomegranate kick lately, but never thought to turn them into a dessert like pomegranate coconut chocolate bark. Yum.
- Something tells me that these are worth the splurge. Jen, I’m talking to you!
- From Around the Plate –> a holiday vegetable and avocado saute to add some color to your holiday menu.
- Need a cookie recipe for the holidays? There are a TON in this link and this link and this link. Cookies for days, via my favorite baking bloggers. Omg, and THESE melting chocolatey snowmen… ok I’ll stop now.
- This is pretty thought provoking –> Don’t Feel Sorry That I’ve Gained Weight
- Sometimes we just can’t help but get caught up in all of this blog world craziness, but Katie shared a nice reminder that guess what? It’s OK if you don’t.
- This is a great career advice article. You should read it.
- SO MANY HELPFUL BLOGGING TIPS. All in one place. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lindsay!
- For those of you who like inspirational quotes, there are some good ones here.
Here’s what some F&F readers have sent in:
- Joy forwarded along this link about gym culture. If you’re a gym rat, see how many you can relate to!
- Liz forwarded this amazing, amazing, amazing article. The author wrote about ten things she wants her daughter to know about working out, but I think it can apply to anyone. Being fit and healthy really does help you see the world differently.
- Slesh forwarded this article on the best and worst health trends of 2013. What do you guys think?
- Patrice sent me this short but inspiring video. For any of you looking to just try something new, this could be up your alley!
And here’s what I am looking forward to this weekend:
Some of this:
Probably a little of this:
And definitely a lot of this:
I’m off to work, then I’m NYC bound for a fun girls weekend visiting Erica.
What are you looking forward to this weekend?