Did you guys know that today is National Grilled Cheese Day?
In honor of such a glorious idea (seriously, who thought up such a wonderful thing?), I decided to whip up a guilt free grilled cheese sandwich for dinner tonight.
Guilt Free Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup drained canned artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1/3 cups red bell peppers, sliced
- Cooking spray, to grease
- Spread mustard on 1 bread slice.
- Top with cheese, artichokes, and bell peppers.
- Top it with another bread slice.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
- Add sandwiches to the hot skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Yum yum in my tum. Was a bit messy, but otherwise satisfied my grilled cheese craving.
What’s your favorite way to eat a grilled cheese sandwich?
Of course I guess it doesn’t matter if you opt for a guilt free grilled cheese sandwich if in the hours before you consume said sandwich you snack on everything in sight. Today after work was just one of those days for me. I was literally chomp chomp chomping away! Chocolate covered almonds, bits of my baked oatmeal, Triscuits and strawberry salsa – you name it, I was picking at it.
Finally I forced myself to brush my teeth, drink a huge glass of water, and go upstairs. Oh well. It could have been worse.
How do you guys curb your snacking cravings?
Anyways, I’m glad the work week is almost done. To play catch up, Wednesday night’s workout was a double sesh at CBC. Party trucked it over with Ashley and Aloisia to take Cutz and Kix. Holy sore. I could barely jab by the end of Kix because Cutz was so shoulder intensive. My workout’s have been extra hardcore this week – during class on Tuesday night Ashley said “you know you’re working hard when planks are your rest,” and teaching PUSH this morning definitely “pushed” me over the edge. I totally get why that class is called PUSH now. I definitely kept saying “Keep pushing through!” over and over and thought it was so funny. Loser alert. What did you guys think of class this morning? You probably didn’t find me saying “push” repeatedly as humorous as I did.
Jess – hope this was “painful” enough for you (yes folks, people actually request painful classes!), Ashley – hope you liked the 70’s playlist, and Meg – sorry I didn’t do booty blasters per your request but somehow I don’t think you were that upset about it!
Sorry I can’t post the workout for copyright reasons, but if you guys have any questions please let me know.
What’s been your best workout this week?
On the way home from the gym this morning, I think the same turkey that was in my yesterday was crossing the road. Bobbing its head Egyptian style across Chestnut Hill Ave. Stopping traffic. Why am I still laughing about this? Turkeys are such an awkward animal, don’t ya think?
Ever seen a turkey randomly crossing the road?
Time for SLEEP. And if you aren’t ready for bed yet, here are some articles of possible reading interest:
- Black Workout Pants for Every Body Type (Thanks, Liz!)
- The Tuscan Baked Zucchini recipe I posted the other day, featured on Around the Plate!
- Get Cracking: Your Guide to Buying Eggs
Have a great night!