I am so tired today. We had people over last night for the Super Bowl, and between eating a little too much food and just feeling tired in general, I think it’s caught up to me for sure. I’m looking forward to an earlier bedtime tonight!
Continuing on with my picture-less post… here’s the weekend recap…
Date night ended up being kind of a failure. We tried Savino’s and were disappointed with the food. It wasn’t bad, but it was definitely overpriced and there was nothing special about it. I felt like any restaurant could have done that, or actually – we could have made the same meals at home for half the cost. We won’t be back. Then we tried to go to Sweet in Harvard Square to make up for it with a delicious cupcake, but the girl behind the counter told us they were out of cupcakes because it was almost time to close when they still were open for at least another 40 minutes. Disappointing all around.
I headed into the Y to bust out a few hours of work. The rest of the day was spent cleaning for our Super Bowl party, working out, and planning out our grocery shopping lists – 1 for the week’s food and 1 for our party. At night Slesh and I had a little girls night out. We first tried to get food at Brick & Mortar, but the wait was too long and then we weren’t feeling the “assigned standing” feeling the hostess gave us. I’d go back for drinks there, but we just weren’t feeling it. We ended up getting a delicious dinner at Zuzu, followed by feeling way too old for the Burren. Two separate groups of guys there told us we were old women. Old women! Can you even handle that? One of them was 26! Attention: You are only ONE year younger than me, loser, so you better start prepping for your upper twenties now. We got a good kick out of that.
Finally, Sunday was full with grocery shopping, food prepping, and Super Bowl watching with our friends. Will post about our Super Bowl menu soon. Did anyone do the Super Bowl workout besides Shannon and her four-year old son!?
Last Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 40 minutes of cardio intervals on the elliptical + this extra core/cardio work
- Tuesday: Two A Day Tuesday: Took Kickboxing, then taught another round of timed circuits in Interval Training. I changed up the moves slightly from the original BBB plan, and did two rounds of “How many rounds of these moves can you complete in 15 minutes?” For round 1, I did 12 split squats on each side, 12 plie squats with a lateral raise, and 15 alternating chest presses. For round 2, I did 12 curtsy lunges each side, 12 standing leg extensions with shoulder press palms in, and 15 close grip chest presses. In between rounds I did one Tabata cardio set, and BBB core work. Those stability ball teasers were tough!
- Wednesday: Tried Piloxing with Shannon!
- Thursday: Taught another timed circuit themed class
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: 100 rep strength endurance workout. I definitely felt improvements from the week before!
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 40 minutes of cardio + core work
- Tuesday: Two A Day, taking Kickboxing and then teaching the high intensity circuits from BBB
- Wednesday: TBD
- Thursday: Teaching pyramid sets in class, focusing on legs and shoulders
- Friday: Off or cardio of choice
- Saturday: Pyramid sets on my own focusing on chest, back, and arms + maybe an hour of spin at the Spin A Thon
How were your weekends? How was your workout regime last week? Anyone else tired? What’s on the exercise agenda this week?
I promise my next post will have pictures again!