I am SORE! And I can’t figure out which workout this week it’s from. Love that.
1. Elliptical Session at the Y
- Minutes 1 – 3: Light warmup
- Minutes 3 – 6: Faster jog
- Minutes 6 – 10: Tabata Intervals. I wrote about these in my last bootcamp post. I did a sprint pace for 20 seconds, jog for 10 seconds and repeated that interval 8 times for a total of 4 minutes.
- Minutes 10 – 12: Recovery, jog forward
- Minutes 12 – 15: Switch to backwards mode. I did 30 seconds fast, 30 seconds light and repeated that interval 3 times for a total of 3 minutes.
- Minute 15 – 16: Switch to forward mode, fast jog for 1 minute
- Minutes 16 – 20: Repeat the Tabata Intervals from minutes 6 – 10.
- Minutes 20 – 22: Recovery, jog forward
- Minutes 23 – 25: Repeat the backwards intervals from minutes 12 – 15.
- Minutes 25 – 30: 5 minute cooldown / stretching
2. Kix class at CBC. ROCKIN’ playlist tonight. In case you guys have missed it, tonight is the last chance to enter for my free giveaway to win a free Kickboxing class at Corpbasics. If you haven’t entered yet, give it a shot! I am announcing the winner tomorrow morning.
Tonight’s Pet Peeve
When Fitness & Feta first started, one of my first posts was about Gym Characters. You know, those stereotypes you see at the gym all the time? Well tonight I’d like to share another little “gym character” pet peeve. Wanna know what drives me up a wall? Watching people drive around in circles looking for a parking spot right next to the door of the gym instead of just pulling into a spot that is WIDE open but further away from the gym entrance. This actually bothers me regardless of where it happens (the mall, a restaurant, etc.) but HELLO! You are at the gym. The place you are supposedly at to work out… to burn more calories… to stay fit? Will it really kill you to park in a spot that requires you to walk 100 more feet before you get on a machine? I actually try to park further away from the entrance no matter where I am – the extra calories you burn each time do add up eventually! Just a little trick. C’mon people. Stop being so lazy.
Tonight’s Food Post
Since I’m home so late from the gym, I didn’t have time to make an interesting dinner to write about in detail, so I’m opting to write about last night’s instead. Tim and I took advantage of the beauty of leftovers after our respective workouts. Over the weekend we made maple-peach glazed pork tenderloin. We had tried this one over the summer and loved it, so we went with it again. The leftovers were really tasty and we combined it with some homemade applesauce – made by accident when trying to prepare the shredded apple with skin ingredient for the apple streusel muffins I brought to the Cape with me this weekend. For a side, we whipped up a new quinoa recipe that I found in one of my favorite blogs – the pumpkin quinoa recipe can be found at fANNEtastic Food. Thanks Anne for posting this – it certainly made for a great new side dish, and with a pumpkin flavor no less. Anyone else really obsessed with pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING right now?! Seems like the entire blog world is – and that’s a good thing for finding so many new recipes to try!
I used a lot of the ingredients that I stalked up on in my grocery run to Trader Joe’s on Monday.
And then I just followed Anne’s directions! The recipe was super easy, was tasty (although I think next time I’ll add in a little more pumpkin), and now I have a bunch of leftovers. Excellent. I had some of my leftovers tonight alongside my leftover Naked Pizza from the weekend.
Question of the Day: What are your gym pet peeves?!
Time to face-plant! 6am class comes way too soon. Goodnight!
I share your pet peeve no matter where I go! Picked up that habit at Weight Watchers – it works! Another pet peeve is standing in the back of the room for a muscle/ab class that requires a lot of lunges, squats, and someone sets up their mat right behind you and won’t move from that spot! What is with that?
Glad you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂
HAHAHAHA omg i just read this blog post and thought of you:
you need to go read it!
Monique I had read that post before you even linked me to it! So funny with our same blog reading 🙂
Pingback: Upcoming Corpbasics Instructor Certification | Fitness & Feta