Yes, they are as good as they sound.
And as they look. Drool-worthy, really.
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Recipe inspired by SkinnyTaste, makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups unbleached pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Baking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin purée, oil, egg whites and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until thick.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low-speed until combined. Careful not to overmix. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake on the center rack for 24 – 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Why are pumpkin flavored things just so damn YUMMY!?
(Mom, this doesn’t mean to start your Christmas shopping now and give me all pumpkin related presents again).
Definitely a fall recipe must try!
Oh, and I’d be lying if I said these didn’t taste even better with a lil extra somethin somethin on top.
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe for fall? Would love to try even more ideas!