Time for a new recipe! I stumbled upon this recipe while browsing around on the Women’s Health Website and adapted it to my own. I bookmarked their list of “Flavorful Summer Salad Recipes,” and this one is definitely a keeper! I have strayed from my usual veggie salads in lieu of this one for sure. I haven’t tried the homemade dressing yet, but am loving the salad — I’ve probably made it for way too many repeat meals over the last couple of weeks. I can’t get enough! And it’s low-cal, so it makes it even better.
Berry Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 Tbsp pecans
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup halved strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 skinless chicken breast (6 oz), grilled
- 1 Tbsp goat-cheese crumbles
- If you want, toast pecans in a 400°F oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside. The pecans are optional. So is toasting them. I’ve had them raw and they are just as tasty! And I definitely put on more than 1 Tbsp but be careful not to overdo it!
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, berries, tomato, and onion. You could also add in radishes here like the original recipe called for.
- Drizzle with dressing. Toss gently.
- Divide salad between 2 plates. Place half the chicken on top of each salad.
- Sprinkle with nuts and goat cheese.
Anyone else like to combine veggies with fruit in their salads? What’s your favorite flavorful summer salad?
Perhaps something to make for lunch today? Enjoy your Sunday!
Looks delicious. Summer berries + goat chz = yummy!
Pingback: Sunday Food Prep Inspiration