Hey guys, I’m back.
Last week was such a fun week in Portland. It was a MUCH needed week off from all work related things. I disconnected my phone from all work related emails, and I didn’t blog once thanks to all the guest content that kept F&F running last week in my absence. In case you guys missed any of these fab posts, check them out:
- Kelly‘s Tips for Beginner Runners
- Caroline‘s Trendy Tabata Workout
- Melanie‘s Carrot Crust Pizza Recipe
- Jen’s Great Wall of China Half Marathon Recap
- Ashley’s Getting Started with Strength Training advice
- Jamie’s Boston Tough Mudder 2013 Recap
Thank you again, ladies, for all your guest posts!
Anyways, last week was a perfect mix of fun and relaxation.
Here’s a quick rundown of what our week entailed:
- Monday — Arrive, lunch, walk around the downtown shops, outdoor drinks, dinner & drinks
- Tuesday — Run along the water, Scarborough State Park beach, gelato, dinner & drinks
- Wednesday — Morning workout, Kennebunkport beach, shops, dinner & drinks
- Thursday — Ferry to Peak’s island, walked around, lunch, ice cream, Portland Head Light, dinner & drinks
- Friday — Slept in, breakfast out, more downtown shops, lobstering, dinner & drinks
- Saturday — Checked out, Wells beach, dinner & drinks, home
As you can see, our entire week focused on dinner & drinks! I’m just sad we didn’t stay longer because there were so many things we still wanted to do. I guess we’ll just have to go back and leave them on our list for next time. Or we’ll just move there. Because I think we could really live in Maine. Hmm. Anyways, I will be doing some more in-depth recapping over the next week or two, but for today I need to get back into motivation Monday mode!
Last Week’s Workouts
It’s always hard to fit in workouts during vacation week, but I managed to get three “real” days of workouts in last week. The rest of the days were still very active with all the walking we did, so I didn’t feel the need to squeeze in any extra exercise sessions. We walked so much, actually, that my legs were really sore!
Took Emily’s 20/20/20 class
Few hours of walking around the Portland downtown shops
3 mile run along the water, followed by a core strength circuit. Thanks, Monique, for this running route recommendation! So pretty!
15 minutes of cardio + an upper body Tabata strength workout (did not do the cardio in between sets as indicated in the workout graphic below).
Walked 3 miles around Peak’s Island, and then did more walking around Portland Head Light
This Week’s Workouts
Here’s my plan for post vacation workouts this week:
- Sunday: 20 minutes steady state + total body supersets strength + partner abs
- Monday: Cardio + core strength. Maybe Ashley’s Cutz class? TBD.
- Tuesday: Maria’s sculpt class in the morning, Liz’s Kickboxing class at night. I’m planning to teach a partner based strength class during my class and will do more teaching than doing.
- Wednesday: Trying out a free CrossFit class at the City Sports in Legacy Place! I’m nervous! Anyone want to join me?
- Thursday: Teaching my 6am class
- Friday: Cycle + core
- Saturday: Rest day
As much as I loved vacation, there is always something nice about being back into the swing of things. I’m only talking workout and food wise though! I don’t think it’s that nice to be back to work!
What are your go to vacation workouts, if any? What’s your favorite workout to do to get back into the swing of things? Did anyone have any real good workouts last week that they’d like to share?
P.S. I’m considering running another F&F Fitness Challenge this fall. If you guys can help me hit 700 Facebook likes by sharing my page with your friends and networks, I’ll run another challenge in September! If you guys liked the January Abs and April Arms challenges, share away!